Thursday, December 18, 2008
Thank Heaven for Wonderful Husbands and Sweet Babies
I honestly can"t believe I am posting about this but since most of you will know anyway I might as well. Now that I am a stay at home mom I really try to save money where I can. So last night I thought I would trim my bangs. No big deal I have done it once before and it wasn't all that hard. Well, this time was different. My bangs were uneven and kept getting shorter and shorter. Well now they are mostly even and short. I normally don't get to upset about my hair but last night I was not very happy. I thought I might as well have tattooed dork on my forehead. I vowed to wear a hat anytime I went outside and most of the time when I was inside. I could not help but be a little vain and think of all the parities and pictures that would be taken soon. There I would be with my too short bangs. This way everyone could see I was a dork and have pictures to remember it forever. First thing today I was set and ready yo go buy a new hat. I figured that I would need a new one since I was going to be wearing one all the time. Well, I woke up and it was snowing and continued to snow through the afternoon. This only delayed my hat buying need, I was still determined to go and get a new hat. In the meantime I put Zach down for a nap and began to work on my lesson for Sunday. The young wommens presidency decided to have the advisors do a Christmas lesson rather than one from the manual. I wanted to focus my lesson on the real meaning and importance of Christmas. This got me thinking. Before I could even get half way done Zach woke up and was crying and I went to go get him. As I looked at him in his crib he immediately stopped crying, smiled and got really excited to see me as he always does. It made he stop and think of the importance of not only Christmas but life in general. Zach doesn't even know his mom looks silly he just loves me for who I am. Last night Casey kept telling me it wasn't a big deal and he loved me and thought that I still looked beautiful that my bangs were just a little shorter. As I thought about this it made me so grateful for all that I have. I have the gospel in my life that allows me to be with my wonderful husband and sweet baby forever. I still may be wearing a hat the next time that you see me but now when I look at myself in the mirror I see soemthing diffrent. I don't see "I am a dork" tatooed on my forehead I am simply reminded that my family loves me even when I do silly things, and that there are much more important things than bangs, the way you look, presents or so many of the other things that we get wrapped up in. I am so very grateful for the blessings in my life and this time of year that I have to remember the birth of my Savior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad that you decided to post this blog. I think that it was so inspirational! It is something that we all need to remember, thank you so much, and I'm sure that you look adorable and put together like you always have and I'm sure will continue to do.
I've been there...bangs and all. I used bobby pins for weeks to fix them and then found out the lady who cuts my hair will trim bangs for free. Next time, right? In the meantime, thanks for sharing something so inspirational. In all that I've been going though, my experience has been the same. My kids have no idea what's going on and their sweetness and innocence and love for me pulls me through. Good luck with your lesson! Share this experience, I'm sure the girls will relate.
Post a Comment